- Victory is sweet for the 60+ countries that have medaled during the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Beloved, victory can be just as sweet for you today, no matter what circumstance you are facing. You may not be a star athlete, but as a child of the most high God, you are already a victor through Jesus Christ, who died and was resurrected 2,000 years ago so that you may have an overflow of blessings today!
A great example of victory for God’s children can be found in the Book of Joshua. As the army was about to march around the enemy camp, Joshua gave a specific command:
Now Joshua had commanded the people, saying, “You shall not shout or make any noise with your voice, nor shall a word proceed out of your mouth, until the day I say to you, ‘Shout!’ Then you shall shout.”
Joshua 6:10, NKJV
The troops were commanded to remain completely silent until the order was given. This tells us three things:
- Preparation was needed. Just like Olympic athletes have to prepare diligently before their Trials, so must we. It will do us no good to shout for victory until we become convinced that victory does indeed belong to us – even before we can see it. We can become convinced only by the Word of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- When we are in a battle, we should keep our mouths closed tight until we are able to line our words up with His Words. By speaking prematurely, we may be tempted to speak words of doubt or fear, which will steal our faith and rob us of the victory. Likewise, you will never hear an Olympian proclaiming anything other than words of victory – even before the contests begin. Victors know how important their words are!
- Your commanding officer will tell you when it is time to shout. The commanding officer for any Christian is always the Holy Spirit, who says, I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye (Psalm 32:8).
Beloved, if you are in a battle right now, or are seeking an answer to a need, take these steps for victory:
- Prepare – not for battle, but for victory – by spending time with the Lord and searching His holy Word for Scriptures that give you direction and wisdom.
- Say nothing that does not line up with the Word of God. Speak victory only!
- Listen carefully for the leading of the Holy Spirit. He will guide you in all your ways.
- When you are convinced of your right to victory, SHOUT!!!
So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.
Beloved, if you will follow these same steps that Joshua’s army took, you can experience the same victory, and watch the walls come tumbling down–the walls that are standing in between you and your Promised Land.
Say this faith declaration out loud: Father, thank You that You help me properly prepare for my victory! I know that victory is mine NOW, even before I see it. I will speak only words that line up with Your Word, I will allow the Holy Spirit to guide me, and when I can see it with my spiritual eyes, even before I can even see it with my natural eyes, I will SHOUT! Amen!
By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
II Corinthians 2:14
For more information about how to achieve victory in your life, please click here to order my book, Seven Steps to Personal Victory.